http://katcoyle.blogspot.com/ coiled: gift knitting

Hi There! Coiled has moved!

If all works well, you should be automatically redirected to the new site in 10 seconds. If that doesn't happen, please visit
www.katcoyle.com/blog
Don't forget to update your bookmarks and your RSS Feeds!
See you soon!

Monday, December 25, 2006

gift knitting



I managed to knit a few simple items for gifts. The yarn for this scarf came from the swatch for Sweet Rose in the most recent Knitscene magazine. It is a beautiful cashmere. My swatches are generally huge so I figured I could make a scarf from the unraveled bits. Actually, another bowtie scarf was squeezed from these left overs as well. Sweet! My aunt likes to wear something around her neck during work and who doesn't love cashmere?



This purple confection is another incarnation of the La la Scarf. The pattern can be found in the book Greetings from the Knit Cafe. This is one of my favorite patterns using my all time favorite yarn, lace weight kid mohair and silk. I never tire of the beauty of lace in thin mohair.




My other aunt is receiving this scarf, also made from recycled swatch yarn. The yarn is a Classic Elite merino blend with a touch of cashmere. I was too lazy to wash the yarn to remove the kinks caused from sitting in the bobbled swatch and the stockinet stitch looked pretty bad, so I jazzed it up by running a strand of mohair throughout, altering the colors in broad bands.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

These scarves are absolutely amazing - I can't for the life of me pick one favourite, they all look spectacular! I'm sure the lucky recipients are going to love them - great work, and such beautiful colours!

Anonymous said...

What lovely scarves! I love the rich colors, and the La La Scarf is gorgeous!