http://katcoyle.blogspot.com/ coiled: linen top pattern

Hi There! Coiled has moved!

If all works well, you should be automatically redirected to the new site in 10 seconds. If that doesn't happen, please visit
www.katcoyle.com/blog
Don't forget to update your bookmarks and your RSS Feeds!
See you soon!

Tuesday, July 24, 2007

linen top pattern

I posted a photo of this linen top to my flickr page and had a couple of people ask about the pattern so I thought I’d offer it here. It’s a good summer knitting project (no heavy wool here) and a good summer top to wear. The work is done from side to side and stretches open quite a bit after blocking.

Finished Size: about 50” (127 cm) circumference, and 17” (43 cm) long, measured from shoulder to hem.

Yarn: Louet Sales Euroflax Sport Weight (100% Linen; 270 yd [246 m]/ 3.5 oz [100] g), 2 skeins. I made this quite a few years ago when the skeins were bigger and used one skein but I think you will need just a bit more than one. The top weighs 116 g.

Needles: Size 9 (5.5-mm)

Gauge: 11 sts and 19 rows = 4” (10 cm) in St st AFTER BLOCKING.

Eyelet Ridge: First row (WS) Knit. Next row (RS): *Yo, k2tog; repeat from *. Next row (WS): Knit.


Pattern: (Make 2) With the long tail method, loosely CO 46 sts. Starting with a purl row, work in St st for 24 rows. Next row (WS) work Eyelet Ridge. Continue in St st for 64 rows. Next row (WS) work Eyelet Ridge. Continue in St st for 24 rows. Bind off loosely.

Finishing: Wet block to desired measurements. Sew sides 8“ (20.5 cm) from hem. Sew shoulders 5“ (12.5 cm) from edge. If you want a firmer neckline, single crochet around neck edge. Weave in ends.

11 comments:

Connie said...

Cool! Thanks for the pattern. It's a very pretty, net-like, ephemeral design - perfect for summer!

Carlene said...

That is beautiful. Thanks so much for the pattern.

Anonymous said...

What a cute, easy-breezy summer top!

Marnie said...

What a perfect design for linen. It's really quite chic.

Kitty Kitty said...

Thank you so much for posting the pattern. It is really beautiful and in this summer heat I think we are all looking for relief.

Thank you so much !!!!

Anonymous said...

This is lovely. Thanks so much! It would work up nicely in some of the Habu yarns too...

Gudrun Johnston said...

I love what can be achieved with a simple construction. Great design!

Iris G said...

Oh I just saw this at Ravelry! It's simply cute ;-).

Mandy said...

This is really beautiful, Kat. :)

Anonymous said...

I remember the first time I saw you wearing this top and I knew I had to buy some of this yarn...This design sure holds up..because I think that was at least 3 yrs. ago..

Anonymous said...

That's a great picture of you! I'm so used to seeing you with glasses on. I love the top, too !
Beth