http://katcoyle.blogspot.com/ coiled: Rosy Tams

Hi There! Coiled has moved!

If all works well, you should be automatically redirected to the new site in 10 seconds. If that doesn't happen, please visit
www.katcoyle.com/blog
Don't forget to update your bookmarks and your RSS Feeds!
See you soon!

Tuesday, December 05, 2006

Rosy Tams


rosy tams
Originally uploaded by katcoyle.

I bought this book, Knitted Tams by Mary Rowe, earlier this year from Interweave Press; but have yet to put it to good use. It is full of thorough directions on designing your own stranded colorwork tams, something I have longed to do for years but never got around to it. I've never joined a knit a long before as well, so seems like a good time to get into action. Uh, actually, there will be no action on that front until after the New Year but in the spirit of the knit a long I thought I would post what projects I have in mind. There are a couple of amazing sweaters that I’m dreaming of too but I don’t know if I have the time to commit to something huge; on the other hand does it matter how long a project takes? I usually like to knit something as quickly as possible otherwise I loose steam and move on to other projects. I have a couple of UFO’s in the workbasket. Sadly, languishing with just a few missing details. Hmmm, there are only two of those, not too bad for a mad knitter! Anyway, what is quick in the world of knitting? I would say two weeks and that usually entails a couple of sleepless nights and missed meals. It is doubtful that a sweater from Poetry in Stitches could be worked up in two weeks.
Well, I’ll start small with a tam; a beautiful circle of radiating colors.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Those make me weak in the knees. SO pretty!

Anonymous said...

I'm with MH- those are beautiful!