http://katcoyle.blogspot.com/ coiled: Book Signing

Hi There! Coiled has moved!

If all works well, you should be automatically redirected to the new site in 10 seconds. If that doesn't happen, please visit
www.katcoyle.com/blog
Don't forget to update your bookmarks and your RSS Feeds!
See you soon!

Monday, December 17, 2007

Book Signing


Felix in the Painter's Smock, one of the patterns in Boho Baby Knits. I took this photo last year before I sent the sweater to be photographed for the book. Felix looks so young to me here. TIme really does fly. He still likes his shoes untied.

I love the yarn I used for the Painter's Smock, it's Crystal Palace Merino Frappe. This is one of those kid sweaters that I wouldn't mind making for myself.

I'll be signing books tomorrow December 18 at the Redondo Beach Main Library from 7 pm to 8 pm. 2nd Floor Meeting Room, 303 N. Pacific Coast Highway. (310) 318-0675,

Please come by! The event is called Knit and Chat. I'll have my current sock project with me and more importantly all the cute samples from the book.

15 comments:

Poethead said...

The sweater is adorable! You little boy is a beautiful child. I love the shoelaces untied. All boy. I wish I could attend your book-signing. I'm a big fan!

Poethead said...

P.S. Perfect buttons, by the way!

Nettie said...

I love his sneakers! He pulls off the Boho look very well, I never could. Have fun at your book signing, consider coming to NYC sometime.

Gudrun Johnston said...

Felix looks so gorgeous in that cardi...love that it looks good on boys and girls! Wish I was a little closer so I could come and get my book signed!

Anonymous said...

The untied shoelaces are very boho, Kat! I wish I could be there, it's my old 'hood. Have a great time,

- MJ

Anonymous said...

(I'm laughing at MJ's comment.) Have fun tonight!

kat coyle said...

Poethead: I wish you could be there too! Thanks for noticing the buttons. It's always a fun challenge finding the right buttons.

Nettie: He has since outgrown these sneakers. His new ones have flames on the sides, so we call the "hot shoes".

Gudrun: I think boys look great in those so called girl colors. I wish you could be there too!

MJ: Bad timing for me that you are off on your adventures and not nearby.

Nonnahs: thanks sweetie.

Julia (MindofWinter) said...

Ack! I wish I could be there. I feel like poo on a stick today, so there is no going anywhere for me. I love Fee in that sweater. I think it would make a great Kat-coat, too.

Michele said...

oh yay! another book signing. although i'm late reading this, you're probably there right now. hope you have a ton of fun. and yes, wish i was close enough to come and get mine signed. and also to give you a big hug.

Connie said...

Cute coat and picture. Children really do grow quickly. Were some of the samples in the book a little bigger so Felix can get some wear out of them?

Me too, I wish I was around to get my book signed. Have fun!

Prunila said...

Felix is soooo cute! And I thought that behind it was a Christmas wreath :-)

Sonya said...

He looks like a cherub! Love the sweater. If you're ever up this way, let me know.

a friend to knit with said...

too cool. wish i could have been there. love the sweater. and the photo.

Twisted Knitter said...

I was born in Redondo Beach -- does that make me a California girl? I hope so!

I so wish I could have attended one of your book signings and seen the great models in person!

Soon I will have THE BOOK in my hands and I can't wait to share it with my co-workers (and my blog too of course!)

Happy Holidays to you and J & Felix!

Anonymous said...

Oh, I am so bummed I missed this! I live in Palos Verdes and am a new knitter - would have LOVED to attend! I'm bloglining you so hopefully I'll catch another signing soon! Thanks for the amazing inspiration and Happy Holidays!