http://katcoyle.blogspot.com/ coiled: Wave Skirt

Hi There! Coiled has moved!

If all works well, you should be automatically redirected to the new site in 10 seconds. If that doesn't happen, please visit
www.katcoyle.com/blog
Don't forget to update your bookmarks and your RSS Feeds!
See you soon!

Monday, December 10, 2007

Wave Skirt


This one is from Interweave Knits Spring 2005. It was my first pattern with IK so I remember it well. Felix was just a few months old when I knit it. He would nap in the car after I drove around for a while so I did a lot of knitting parked in the car listening to the radio. The pattern is now available for purchase at the Knitting Daily store. The Knitting Daily blog is pretty great, I love when they have everyone in the office try on the same sweater to show how one size fits most; it helps to see what size you might want to make for yourself.


Here is the original swatch that I sent in with my design proposal. I was thinking of surfer t-shirts from the sixties and seventies.

13 comments:

j said...

This is a beautiful pattern. I have it in my list of things to knit. (I'm a novice knitter.) I'm hoping to have it for next spring/summer.

Connie said...

Oooh, I love the color combo in your original swatch, kat! I'm much more a blues and greens person than a pink person.

Gudrun Johnston said...

I agree with Connie those blues and greens look great together....fun to see the original swatch though! Thanks for sharing!

mary jane said...

Oh, my favorite thing ever! I was the stylist for this issue. It was freezing out, and poor Erin had a dreadful cold, still the pro that she was (though she isn't really, she's just a person, we never used "real" models) anyway she cheerfully ate orange sherbert we had to match the skirt! That's the trailer we lived in when our house burned down.

cseneque said...

Wow, that's a great story! The swatch is really gorgeous, Kat. The first skirt I ever knit was from this pattern, in blues and greens.

Poethead said...

I love the skirt and the colors! That submission was just the beginning! I always look forward to your posts.

Anonymous said...

I love your swatch and the story behind it!
The Sweater Galleries are my absolute favourite too. They always inspire.

kat coyle said...

thanks everyone...

Mary Jane: Thank you for giving us the inside scoop. Wow, your trailer and freezing cold weather.... Poor Erin, she looks like she is having such a great time!

do you mind if i knit said...

I like your colour combinations too! That grren and powder blue are lovely.

Kathleen Dames said...

Must agree with everyone else's comments on the color combination - lovely!

Michele said...

all the stories are great - yours about the knitting of it and getting your son to sleep. and then about the styling of it. i love your choice of blues and greens for the swatch.

i too enjoy the knitting daily posts especially the gallery where we can see how the sweaters look on different body sizes. i keep meaning to send in an e-mail thanking those women for modeling the sweaters (and providing measurements, now that's courage).

Anonymous said...

oooo.. I love that! I am going to add this to my list of to do's. I really love the color combo from your og swatch. Beautiful!

Anonymous said...

You know I never thought I would want to knit a skirt for myself...until I see yours. I am definitely making one of yours...one of these days. ;)