http://katcoyle.blogspot.com/ coiled: friday

Hi There! Coiled has moved!

If all works well, you should be automatically redirected to the new site in 10 seconds. If that doesn't happen, please visit
www.katcoyle.com/blog
Don't forget to update your bookmarks and your RSS Feeds!
See you soon!

Friday, September 14, 2007

friday


I spent a scattered week hobbling together my projects, slowly; one sock (Fancy Silk Sock from Knitting Vintage Socks) managed to get finished. It’s a sweet old-fashioned lace sock. Or, what I imagine old-fashioned socks to have been like.


My head is elsewhere, looking forward to the weekend and our get away to the beach.


Another sock may get knit in the next two days, or not!

14 comments:

Marnie said...

I love the scalloped border and the delicate overall lace. Very pretty and perfectly balanced with the color...not too dark, not too light, not too busy, not too plain. puuurdy

Unknown said...

Love these socks! So delicate.

Connie said...

Hee hee, I'm horrible with knitting mates of things. I have several sock orphans and glove orphans. Such a shame! I hope your sock finds a mate soon :)

Anonymous said...

This sock is really beautiful - what a delicate pattern! I also love the colorway - and your shoes must be the most gorgeous ones I've seen for long!

andree said...

i have never been able to get into sock knitting. but everytime YOU knit socks i feel inspired enough to THINK about knitting socks for at aleast a week afterward!

Anonymous said...

in the last photo with the lace sock and slipper and felix's flower looks like you could be cinderella getting ready for the ball.

Anonymous said...

Oh, those are awesome. Did I miss what yarn you used? Let me check. . .no, I don't see it. Please, email me and tell me! I love it. Poethead@gmail.com

Anonymous said...

Kat, they are gorgeous. That color is so perfect for the antiquey socks; like pewter.

Catalina must have been beautiful this weekend - hope you've had a great time!

Jennie said...

Looks great! :)

sherriknits said...

These socks are so beautiful! Wow. I am going to go look at the rest of your blog.

tea time and roses said...

How beautiful are these...I love them! The lace is so pretty... I just received the new Vogue sock book ,and I am feeling pretty inspired!

Smiles...

Beverly

Anonymous said...

Gorgeous! That lace pattern is so pretty. :) Thanks for the compliments on my shawl, btw. Hope you had a great weekend at the beach!

a friend to knit with said...

lovely little lace sock!
now say that 12x really fast...after a glass of wine! :)

Romi said...

OOoh! Very very pretty!