http://katcoyle.blogspot.com/ coiled: gifts

Hi There! Coiled has moved!

If all works well, you should be automatically redirected to the new site in 10 seconds. If that doesn't happen, please visit
www.katcoyle.com/blog
Don't forget to update your bookmarks and your RSS Feeds!
See you soon!

Friday, September 21, 2007

gifts


While on vacation we stayed with my aunts who lavished us with love, food and gifts. I love my new blouse with Mexican embroidery insert and trimmed with navy rickrack. My great grandmother made blouses like this to sell back in the day, way back.

I mentioned to my aunt that I had been making dolls. She told me that my great great grandmother used to sew cloth dolls and sell them door-to-door. I never met her but I did know my great grandmother and remember working on a doll with her. I feel really lucky to have had that experience and that I can still recall the magic of making something with her.


My aunt happily offered me a beautiful assortment of buttons and beads to use as decoration for dolls.


Felix came home with presents too. But, here’s something he picked up on his own: a polka dot tan on his feet.

8 comments:

Connie said...

Cool gifts, Kat. I love the buttons and what a special memory you have of your great grandmother. Creativity runs in the family I see!

Michele said...

you forget how cute little feet are when you don't see them all the time.

amazing eh that your great grandmother made dolls too. that kind of continuity is always so lovely.

Twisted Knitter said...

I hope you feel amazingly refreshed!

The embroidered blouse and buttons are amazing.

I love the photo of Felix's feet but now even more so now that I can see the polka dots you pointed out.

tea time and roses said...

Sounds so wonderful... Your buttons are just beautiful. I just adore buttons, especially ones as beautiful as these. It is so wonderful to have family that love you so much...these times are so special and held near and dear to our hearts forever.

Smiles...

Beverly

Romi said...

It sounds so wonderful! :)

Sonya said...

Wonderful buttons - especially knowing where they came from, very special.

Anonymous said...

I love that shirt, too! And the polka dotted Felix feet- well...it really doesn't get much cuter!

flossy-p said...

I LOVE your new blouse! So nice that it has a sentimental feeling for you too.