http://katcoyle.blogspot.com/ coiled: wedding socks

Hi There! Coiled has moved!

If all works well, you should be automatically redirected to the new site in 10 seconds. If that doesn't happen, please visit
www.katcoyle.com/blog
Don't forget to update your bookmarks and your RSS Feeds!
See you soon!

Monday, August 04, 2008

wedding socks


wedding socks, originally uploaded by kat coyle.

Due to sore wrists and a numb thumb! I’ve taken to drawing socks instead of knitting them. Enjoy.
For inspiration I drew these from a pamphlet printed in 1931 from the Hispanic Society of America.

8 comments:

Kathleen Dames said...

Bummer about the numb thumb and sore wrists. Those socks are very pretty - I'm a sucker for embroidery.

mames said...

i love both illustrations. they are vibrant. the next best thing to knitting them is drawing them, huh?

Anonymous said...

Oh how I do love your artwork!

raining sheep said...

Wow, beautiful!

Poethead said...

Kat, the painting is amazing! I love it. I checked the pamphlet as well, and the painting is just like the picture! Awesome!

Connie said...

Me too, Kat. I think I "broke" my left hand! My ring finger knuckle is very very sore. Ugh.

I love your drawings. What do you use? - watercolors? color pencils? paint?

Lorie McCown said...

A great way to stay creative while healing! Nice paintings.

Denise Gallagher said...

Lovely!
I wish I had a pair!

Thanks so much for your kind comment!

Denise