http://katcoyle.blogspot.com/ coiled: SPC

Hi There! Coiled has moved!

If all works well, you should be automatically redirected to the new site in 10 seconds. If that doesn't happen, please visit
www.katcoyle.com/blog
Don't forget to update your bookmarks and your RSS Feeds!
See you soon!

Wednesday, October 17, 2007

SPC


Pomegranate plucked from a friend's tree a couple of days ago. As soon as I cut it open and saw the garnet seeds my appetite awakened. I love the taste of sweet juice with a bitter core. And, the thought of people enjoying this food for centuries, just as it is off the tree, inspires. Is there any food more beautiful than a pomegranate?

more self portraits here

3 comments:

a friend to knit with said...

wow! right off of the tree....you all are so lucky!
cool shot!

nicole said...

Beautiful picture, you're like a modern-day Persephone. But oh, please don't bite into the pith, it's so bitter. My mouth is puckering just looking at your photo.

Pomegranates are truly beautiful, with their jewel-like seeds and glossy peel. I got some lovely wood-blocked Provençal fabric with a pomegranate design that I turned into sofa cushions. I get a ton of compliments for them.

Anonymous said...

Lovely photo. The colours in that pom are perfect!