http://katcoyle.blogspot.com/ coiled: some knitting love

Hi There! Coiled has moved!

If all works well, you should be automatically redirected to the new site in 10 seconds. If that doesn't happen, please visit
www.katcoyle.com/blog
Don't forget to update your bookmarks and your RSS Feeds!
See you soon!

Monday, October 15, 2007

some knitting love


I got a new book, just because it is pretty but also because it has good information; though the sock I'm knitting isn't from the book, it's a reworking of the greenish knee socks. The yarn is Lorna Laces in Bee Stripe #202 colorway but don't you want to call it Absolutely Halloweeney?



Finally, finished the Pimlico Shrug and have barely taken it off since Saturday night. Wow, I really like this so much more than I thought I would. It's hard to tell what the heck it looks like with this self-portrait-with-arm-extended shot but for some reason I can't get my act together to figure out the self timer. I modified the pattern a bit by shortening the main body to 28" (from 34) and working 3/4" less of collar ribbing. These changes were made because I didn't have enough yarn, but I think it's fine not being any bigger. I substituted the yarn in the pattern for Rio de La Plata Yarn in the cigar colorway and used almost 7 full skeins. I only have a teeny little bit left. The yarn is super soft. It feels very cozy against the skin which makes up for the fact that I was getting cranky knitting with heavy wool. It's my wrists, they're very tempermental!



I thought the weather would NEVER get cool enough to wear all this wool but it did and I'm enjoying the sweater weather because it feels like knitting weather and that makes me Happy!

16 comments:

Gudrun Johnston said...

mmmm...that shrug sure does look cozy...what a great colour! I'm enjoying the cooler weather too!

Carlene said...

I LOVE that yarn, the texture & color, and it looks great on you. And...you really should consider a modelling career, if you haven't already.

Kathleen Dames said...

The shrug looks great! I think I'm going to have to add Knit 2 Together to my knitting book stash. Hope the wrists are a little better.

Marnie said...

How pretty! I love the color on you. I don't think I would have picked that pattern out of the book but seeing it on you makes me really like it and if it's snuggly and soft to boot, well, that's just a winner all around.

Connie said...

The shrug is really pretty. I've seen the shrug in the book, so your picture is more than sufficient.

Looks like you're getting lots of knitting done. I also see a Sarah Dallas book peeking out from under the Vogue book in the first picture. I love her work! :) Though the photos in her books are kind of sucky. I'd like to make the blanket cardigan for example, but wished it was photographed more clearly in the book!

Oiyi said...

I have always loved that shrug from Knit 2 Together. Yours looks great. Oh my, your sneakers are super cute!

Unknown said...

i just ordered the book. i am thinking a shrug would be a great thing to have to keep cozy.

thanks for posting about it.

KODACHROME said...

Fabulous! And OMGosh! are those ever wonderful socks and shoes. Happy Fall Knitting to you--

nicole said...

Some knitting love indeed:
Love the socks, love the shoes with the socks, really love the Pimlico shrug! It looks great on you.

Anonymous said...

Oooh what a great shrug! Looks dreamy.

I love your shoe/sock shots. :)

a friend to knit with said...

oh, i love that shrug!!!
beautiful....and even more beautiful to be able to wear it! :)

Anonymous said...

"Absolutely Halloweeny" is absolutely the perfect name for those! How fun!

Anonymous said...

the sock yarn you're using makes me smile.

i have the sarah dallas book too. haven't made anything from it yet but the photos are so well done they make me want to knit it all, especially the black asymmetrical sweater.

Anonymous said...

Stunning - you and the knit.

Anonymous said...

The shoes are awesome! I love the shrug and the yarn color. I have always been a fan of your knee socks. The Bee colorway for the new pair is great!

Julia (MindofWinter) said...

Great knits! Hope to see them (& you!) soon.
J